"Come and teach please?"

 13/12/2021

One of the best ways to reason with the students is to behave like them for a bit. Or perhaps that's just an excuse for my never growing up. 

It was a usual morning. I was wondering how to gather the childrens' focus for class and come to class on time. They had another event going on. So they were a little distracted. 

Class normally starts at 11. Today I went to the class and sat at the entrance. I started scrolling down my unread messages.  Inside, the students were quietly and the group leaders were ensuring that all of them are settling in. 

I tried to experiment a little further.  I continued to sit outside the class longer than usual.  The students started getting puzzled. 

Finally, Piriyan of 8th standard came outside and 

"Akka, what are you doing outside the class? I know two people are not here. The rest of us are here. Teach us. Had I not come out, you would have continued to sit outside the class". 

Shaking his head, he  went inside the class. 

I followed suit. :')

#intrinsicmotivation #languageacquisition #second language acquisition #implicit learning

Comments

Popular Posts